Serbs for Serbs – a synonym for transparency! (video)
For almost two decades, the Charity organization Serbs for Serbs has been continuously increasing the number of its donors, the number of assisted families and the amount of aid per family. Today, the Charity has more than 70,000 donors worldwide and substantially helps more than 200 families annually.
What is it that draws people to support this charity?
There are many reasons, but the main ones are the provision of assistance to Serbian families throughout the Balkans, and the undertaking of large projects such as providing housing for families, building factories, and employing people. However, the key reason is complete transparency in the charity’s work!
It goes without saying that transparency in the operation of a charity is important. See below about the ways in which donors and all interested people can monitor the work of the Charity Serbs for Serbs.
Seven steps to full transparency
- On the main page of the website, the current account balances of all ten branches of the Charity are regularly updated.
- Donors’ names and donation amounts are entered several times a week. Names of all donors since the inception of the Charity can be found here.
- Information on all current projects can be found here.
- After the projects have been completed, reports are published with detailed descriptions of the current living conditions of the families, along with photos of what kind of help was delivered and scanned receipts of every dollar spent. More than 3,000 families have been helped this way, and they can be found, sorted by country, in the “We have helped” drop-down menu.
- The complete documentation of the organization (invoices, certificates, etc.) can be found here.
- The cash flow chart is updated several times a week, showing all the financial transactions of the Charity. This is probably the most important part of responsible business. Financial information for all previous years can be found here as well.
- Monthly and annual reports, including financial reports, can be found here.
Needs vs Capabilities
Unfortunately, all the amounts reported are not enough to help everyone who needs help. The needs still far exceed the financial capabilities of the Charity, regardless of the growth, it has achieved.
There are currently about 1,500 multi-member families on the waiting list in Charity’s database, and that number is constantly growing. There are tens of thousands of other vulnerable families who should be added but who are currently not in Charity’s target group.
Many families wait several years for their turn to receive a visit!
Among the 70,000 annual donors, only a small percentage are monthly donors, without whom the Charity would not be able to function.
Become a regular monthly donor
A larger number of regular monthly donations would enable a smoother operation of the Charity and increase efficiency in the implementation of humanitarian projects.
For these reasons, we invite all donors and people of goodwill, where possible, to support the Charity Serbs for Serbs on a monthly basis.
Together, let’s make children’s dreams come true, and significantly change the lives of our compatriots!
A monthly donation can be set up from anywhere in the world, and the easiest way to do so is through the donation platform.
Also, in Serbia, Republika Srpska and Montenegro, you can go to your bank and issue a money order for monthly payments to our charity’s account.
Children are our future!